Child and Youth Special Needs (CYSN) Programs
What can we help with?
We support children and youth with special needs, so all children can learn and grow at their own pace.
We offer 3 programs…
Respite Care Program
0 to 18 yrs. of age
- Provides families with periods of rest and relief, to help them in caring for their children at home and in the community
- Provides screened caregivers
- Gives parents time for family and personal relationships
- Meets both the individual needs of the child and the family
- Helps enhance independence and quality of life
The LOFT Program
7 to 18 yrs. of age
- Works towards independence
- Provides social and inter-personal skill development
- A club-like atmosphere offering socialization thru field trips, activities, crafts, photography and cooking
Behaviour Support Services
6 to 18 yrs. of age
- Helps children with:
- social skills
- life skills
- increased positive behaviour
- behaviour management
- sensory integration
- enhances family time
How are children referred?
Children are referred by their Child and Youth Special Needs Social Worker.
- To speak with your social worker call 250-832-1719
Children have a diagnosis of:
- Intellectual Disabilities, or
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, or
- Qualify for MCFD’s At Home Program