MCFD Child and Youth Support Needs Programs
What can we help with?
Supporting children and youth with support needs, so all children can learn and grow at their own pace.
For youth with Intellectual Disabilities, an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis, or qualify for MCFD’s At Home Program.
2 programs are available…
- Respite Care Program, 0 to 18 years of age
- Families can get some rest and relief through contracted respite.
- Families can receive funding to get the respite services that best meet their needs.
- The LOFT Program, 7 to 18 years of age
- A club-like atmosphere.
- After-school sessions.
- Day camps during Spring Break and Summer.
- Working on the youth’s individualized goals, such as:
- Improved communication, interpersonal , life and social skills, safety and, community participation.
- Helping the older teens with transitioning into adulthood.
Youth are referred by Child and Youth Support Needs Staff.
Contact them to talk about the services they offer, call MCFD 250-832-1719