Supported Child Development Program
We help children to succeed in child care. We work with children from birth to school age (if funding is available, up to 12 years old as well) who need extra support to take part in their preschool, daycare or after school program.
Some children we work with have a diagnosed disability, others have no diagnosis but still need extra help to communicate, to play with others or to follow routines.
To be eligible for this program a child must be attending preschool or a child care program.
What do we do?
- We can help you with your concerns about your child
- We screen your child’s development
- We suggest activities for your child’s development
- We lend out toys, equipment, DVD’s and books to help with your child’s development
- We support children in childcare programs when needed and when funding is available
- We support caregivers in childcare programs when needed
- Provide information, training and support to families and child care providers to create plans for each child
- We work with other services your child may be in for a team approach (e.g. speech, therapies etc.)
What can we help with?
- Toilet training
- Behaviours and feelings
- Getting along with others
Why refer a child to us?
- We want children to develop and families to thrive
- We want all children to be included in community child care programs
- We want child care programs to have support
All children in our program receive support from our Consultants. Some children need extra support to go to their child care programs. In this case, we hire a program assistant for your child. Sometimes we share one program assistant between two or three children, depending on their needs.
Call: 250-833-0164 ext. 2 Email: email@example.com