Respite Care Program
Families raising children with special needs often have special demands on their time and resources.
We support families by providing temporary relief from the daily responsibilities of caring for a child who is developmentally delayed.
We want to address the impact of a child’s condition on the family.
We hope to provide child care allowing parents;
- Time to take necessary breaks from parental responsibilities
- To meet personal and family obligations
What do we do?
- Providing a safe, caring environment for your child
- Support parents in maintaining their child at home
- Provide screened caregivers
- Allow parents time to pursue other family and personal relationships, or to take breaks from parental responsibilities
- Provide flexibility in meeting both the individual needs of the child and the needs of the family
How are children referred?
Children are referred by the Ministry of Children and Family Development, are 0-18 years old and are diagnosed with:
- Mental handicaps
- Autism or autism spectrum
- Physical handicaps that qualify them for service from the At Home Program
Call: 250-832-5889, Email: email@example.com