Little Caboose Playgroup
What do we do?
We are a drop-in playgroup for 0 to 3 yr old’s and their parents or caregivers.
Mondays from 9am to 11:30am
Closed: August and Statutory Holidays
Playgroups are a fun opportunity for children to develop their social and development skills.
What do we have for the children?
- Creative and education playtime
- Toys, books, a play kitchen, dress-up clothing, music and large muscle toys (riding, climbing, sliding)
- A variety of art activities
- Circle time with stories and music
- A nutritious snack
What do we have for the parents/caregivers?
- A friendly place to sit and relax over a cup of coffee or tea and meet new people
- A place away from the routines of home, where you and your child can play and have fun together
- Informal parenting support
- Discussions and research in areas such as parenting, children’s nutrition, children’s health, toilet training, importance of play and physical activity
- Book, magazines, videos and workshops about childcare and family
What we ask from you at the playgroup.
- Donations towards the coffee/tea fund
- Keep sick children at home to avoid passing on infections
Location: District Education Support Centre (new school board office), 341 Shuswap St SW, Salmon Arm