Infant Development Program
What do we do?
If you are concerned or have questions about your child’s development (age 0 to 3), we can help.
We serve families with children from birth to 3 years old who are at risk, or who already have a delay, or have a diagnosed disability.
Why do we work with children who are so little?
Skills children learn between the ages 0 to 3 are the building blocks for their later development and school readiness.
What areas of development can we help you with?
- Toilet Training
How much does it cost?
This service is FREE to families in the Shuswap area which includes; Malakwa, Sicamous, Mara, Grindrod, Enderby, Salmon Arm, Canoe, Silver Creek, Sorrento, Eagle Bay, and Blind Bay.
Who works with my baby and me?
A trained Consultant will visit you in your home, or at our office, at a time that suits both you and your baby.
How will the Consultant work with us?
They may help you in a variety of ways, such as:
- assessing your child’s development
- suggesting new play activities to help with development
- connecting you with playgroups, baby goose, infant massage and mother goose toddler talk
- finding support with other parents
- lending you special toys, equipment and books
- bringing you up-to-date information about specific disabilities
- providing information about other services or resources
- helping you and your child in the transition between programs