Family Support Worker
We support families experiencing difficult situations.
This program is for families already receiving services from the Shuswap Children’s Association. A referral can be made by the staff member that is already supporting you.
We offer support in a variety of ways, we can…
- Provide emotional and informational support for families.
- Assist families dealing with a diagnosis and help with what the next steps are.
- Help you organize your child’s services.
- Work with and prepare reports for other members on your child’s support team.
- Help families when transitioning from one service to another.
- Help families to apply for available funding, including Autism and childcare funding.
- Provide support at Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings.
- Provide support for parents on advocacy for their child.
We meet you where it works for you, we can have our visits at your home, virtually, outside or at our office.
Call: 778-824-0453 Email: email@example.com