Family Support Worker
How do I make a referral?
This service is for families already receiving services from the Shuswap Children’s Association.
A referral is made by the staff member that is already supporting you.
What can we help with?
The Family Support Worker can help you in a variety of ways:
- Provide emotional and informational support for families.
- Assists families dealing with a diagnosis and what the next steps are.
- Helps with organizing your child’s services and works with other team members.
- Assists families transitioning from one service to another.
- Assists families to apply for available funding, including Autism funding.
- Prepares reports for other professionals working with the family.
- Provides support at Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings.
- Provides support for parents on advocacy for their child.
Where do we meet the Family Support Worker?
We will meet you at your home or at our office.
We support families experiencing difficult situations.