Family Support Worker
What do we do?
Our service can be helpful for families experiencing difficult situations and who could benefit from added emotional and informational support.
What can we help with?
The Family Support Worker may help you in a variety of ways:
- Provide emotional and informational support for families dealing with diagnosis
- Assist with coordination of child services
- Create behavioral strategies for children and parents
- Provide training and support for parents on advocacy for their child
- Set up weekly structured scheduling and goal creation
- Assist families transitioning from one service to another
- Grief and loss support
- Provide practical strategies for stress reduction and relaxation
- Strategies and resources for parents experiencing depression or anxiety
- Connect parents with other parents
- Connect families with community resources
- Provide nutrition, meal planning and physical activity information
Where do we meet the Family Support Worker?
We will meet you at your home or at our office.