We are a non-profit agency providing free services to children with developmental delays, behavioral concerns and special needs.
We offer the following programs;
Infant Development Program
Supports families and their infants from birth to 3 years old who have a developmental delay, are at risk for a delay, or have an identified special need. Home based visits.
- Developmental screening that helps look at what your child’s next goals should be
- Support for parents
- Infant massage classes
Child Care Resource & Referral
- Listing on database for referrals
- Drop in groups, workshops and training
- Toy and equipment lending library
- Supportive visits, networking with others
- Child care information and referrals
- Subsidy; help filling out and faxing
- Toy lending library and workshops
Supported Child Development
Supports children with behaviour issues, developmental delays or special needs in community daycares and preschools.
- Helps families identify child care needs
- Aids with plans to meet child’s needs in the child care setting
- Training and support to caregivers
- Hires assistants for children requiring support in a child care setting
Support for families through home and centre visits, goal setting plans, and practical advice to help children.
Improves child’s skills in the following areas:
- Visual interpretation
- Social interactions
Improves the child’s skills in the following areas:
- Physical development
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Key Worker
Helps families understand FASD by offering education and information for the needs of the child and family. We are familiar with community resources and will help families get support, health and education services. We can also help in getting an assessment of FASD and other complex behaviour disorders.
- Serving Salmon Arm, Silver Creek and South Shuswap
- Connects families with community programs and services
- Listens, assesses your needs and provides connections
Little Caboose Playgroup (ages 0 –3)
- Free family drop-in playgroup for preschoolers and their parents
- Friendly, welcoming, trained facilitator
- Music, books, toys, circle time, snacks
- Parent information and social time
Family Support Worker
Helpful for families in difficult situations and provides extra emotional and informational support.
- Helps with organization of child services
- Grief and loss support
- Set up weekly scheduling — structural planning & goal creation
The Nest, Autism Services
- Provides individualized services for children under the age of 6, with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder using a family and child centered approach
MCFD Child and Youth Special Needs Programs
- We support children and youth with special needs, so all children can learn and grow at their own pace